Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New Trio....New Sound!


Guess what?  I started a trio recently.  After a few rehearsals we played our first gig at Olde Hickory Tap Room in downtown Hickory.  It was a great time!  I forgot how much I love playing in a trio.  I'm currently setting up some more shows with the trio around town, so make sure to check out my show schedule for updates!

The trio consists of Matt Decker on drums, E'Lon Jordan-Dunlap on bass guitar, and Michael Miller, that's me :), on guitar / vocals.  We played for about three hours last Saturday at the Tap Room weaving our way through blues, rock, funk, and jazz fusion.  The show went well, and the bar is excited about having us back in the near future.

Very special guest, Tony Eltora, sat in with us for a set and it was awesome!  I always enjoy sharing the stage with Tony....he is a great player.



I'll post recordings and pictures of the trio at upcoming shows.  Until next time.....

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment